MADE IN MOROCCO
The following works have been created in the last six years, in my Essaouira studio, on the Atlantic coast of Morocco.
My art materials are limited but the challenge is proving enjoyable and forcing me to seek out a variety of creative solutions.
Art works shown here are:
- An ongoing series of pencil portraits of women on wood panels - varnished and with a leather hanger on the back.
- Acrylic and collage canvases painted specifically for the gallery at Kasbah des Caids in Tamnougalt, southern Morocco.
- Subjects inspired by the fishing port of Essaouira, created in gouache and silver leaf on paper collage.
- A series of still life's inspired by Morocco's banning of plastic bags in 2016. Painted in gouache on brown paper bags. The bar-code labels on the bags act as title plates.
- A made-to-order selection of hand sewn and bound Tuareg Log Books incorporating relief prints.
- Also - over on my Maleny Printmakers page, you will see editions of hand coloured linocuts printed for exhibitions in Australia in September 2017 and November 2018 - click HERE
Available works are priced in Australian dollars and can be posted world-wide.